So you’re a homeowner and you’ve got to choose what siding to install on your home. With such a wide variety of options, which include different colors, textures, and styles, it may seem like an overwhelming process. If you’re looking to simplify the process – you’ve come to the right place!
If you are a homeowner in the Chicago metro area looking for siding, and other home improvement services – you have also come to the right place! Reach out to our team at Erdmann Exteriors by calling us at 847-357-9607, or if you prefer, find out about other ways to contact us here.
Before you get started, it’s important to understand the differences between types of siding. Two popular siding materials include vinyl and fiber cement. When weighing these two options, it’s also helpful to consider what it is you’re seeking from your siding.
Questions to consider
- Does this type of siding compliment my home well?
- Is this type of siding within my price range or budget?
- Is this type of siding durable and/or easy to repair?
Vinyl siding is perhaps the most accessible and widely used type of siding, favored by both homeowners and contractors alike. The appeal of vinyl siding is due to its immense number of benefits which include:
- Versatility; vinyl siding boasts countless types of styles and colors
- Affordability; the budget-friendliness of vinyl siding is certainly a plus
- Ease of Maintenance; vinyl siding is so widely used that contractors typically have the easiest time repairing it and/or performing maintenance on it
Fiber Cement Siding
- Durability; fiber cement siding won’t let you down, being one of the strongest siding options out there
- Versatility; similar to vinyl siding, fiber cement does not lack in the aesthetic department, offering numerous kinds of styles, colors, and more